Friday 29 March 2013

'superfoods Make Your Child a Genius' by Amitabh Pandit and Minnie Pandit - Book Review

How I came across this book

I was casually browsing through one of my favorite shopping sites flipkart.com one day, when this particular book caught my eye. 'superfoods Make Your Child a Genius' a very catchy title. The cover also said 'Stop filling the stomach, start feeding the brain.' Irresistible for any mom! I had to buy this!!


I placed an order for this book. Within 2 days it was delivered at my doorstep.

About the book

Authors
Amitabh Pandit and Minnie Pandit

Publisher
B Jain Publishers Pvt Ltd

Price
Rs.199 (Paperback), 274 Pages

My views about the book
This book is written in very simple and understandable language. It's mainly divided into 2 sections - Part I and Part II.
Part I is divided into several chapters which beautifully and clearly explain things like importance of right nutrition, impact of nutrition on nervous system, how certain foods boost brain power, immunity etc. There is also a chapter which has different strategies to inculcate good food habits in children of different age groups.
Apart from these, there is an FAQ section which clarify the common doubts that most of we parents would have. This section also has progress charts where we can track progress of our child(ren).

Part II has lots of awesome, easy to make, simple and most importantly healthy recipes which are also very very appealing to children! A win-win situation for moms as well as children! 

The author has also very thoughtfully included a few pages in the beginning of the book which has English to Hindi translations of all the ingredients used in the recipes.


Final Verdict

All in all I would say this is an awesome book! A must have for all parents. Highly recommended!!

Rating

5/5!!!!

1 comment: